Friday, May 11, 2012

Baby girl on the way!

We are expecting and we could not be more excited! Plus, we are over halfway there, which is even more fantastic. Pregnancy has been quite the rollercoaster but it will for sure be worth it in 16 weeks when Baby Ellie arrives!!     Right now I'm getting closer to the 3rd Trimester and I wonder what it holds for me.   Everyone always told me, "oh just wait until the 2nd trimester, you will feel so much better."  They were right.  The 1st trimester was ... memorable.  I lost a lot of weight, I threw up a lot, I had zero energy, I basically abandoned my husband in the areas of cooking, cleaning, and grocery shopping, and I felt awful most of the time.   2nd trimester has brought energy, a little bit of weight gain (almost 4 pounds now!), and the best part, feeling Ellie kick me! It has also been fun to share my experiences with my kids at school.  They ask me every day how big Ellie is, how much she weighs, and if she is still in my belly!!   It amazes me how fast it is all going.  I've already been through 5 months of fun stuff with this baby and she's not even here yet.  I sometimes get overwhelmed with the future (i.e. moving to Utah, having a baby, getting a job, having a baby, not sleeping, and yes having a baby), but lately I have been blessed with a lot of comfort that things will work out the way they need to work out.  I am so grateful for those feelings!    Baby Ellie is doing great and Tim and I are staying strong and doing our best!    Here are my top 5 Likes and dislikes about being pregnant!

TOP 5 REASONS WHY I LOVE BEING PREGNANT
1. Getting to feel Ellie kick me  - I LOVE IT and just can't get enough
2. Getting to pick out a name for our little girl
3. How much Tim loves my tummy!
4. Wearing clothes that used to be too tight, but now actually are too big on me because I was so sick.
5. Hearing the kids thoughts about Baby Ellie (the good and the akward)

Top 5 reasons why I don't particulary enjoy being pregnant
1. I get to throw up lots - it has decreased to about once every 2 weeks now, which is a blessing
2. Having to try and GAIN weight.  This has actually been a struggle for me. Food is the enemy sometimes.
3. Having to go to the bathroom ALL the time: middle of the night, right after I've already gone, always!
4. Experiencing body aches, increased heartburn, headaches, and all those fun things.
5.  Spilling - I spill on my tummy ALL THE TIME now.  Bad habit to develop for sure!!!

ALL WILL BE WORTH IT!!!   I Just can't wait to see this wonderful baby girl!!!

3 comments:

  1. Yahoo!!! A new post!! I loved the top 5 lists. I'm glad that you are feeling everything will work out. Those feelings are definitely a blessing. You are good at staying calm, unlike me! Haha. You will be SUCH a good mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true, you will be an excellent Mom! Keep the updates coming and let's see pics of that cute prego belly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i am so excited for you emily! and having a girl first is (in my biased opinion) the VERY best way to go!!! did i hear you are moving? What's this about?! Good Luck Girlfriend! You better blog LOTS of pictures of little Ellie! (such an adorable name)

    ReplyDelete